First things first
- If you are using Bukkit, then you need to have permissions to use WorldEdit. You can give yourself op (
/op yourname) to give yourself permissions.
- If you are using Forge and playing single player, then WorldEdit is only enabled if your world has cheats enabled.
- If you are using Forge server, then only ops can use WorldEdit.
Note: For Forge, you can:
- Turn on "cheat-mode" in WorldEdit's settings (see config/worldedit) file to let you use WorldEdit even in survival (and on a server, everyone is allowed)
- Or instead, turn on "use-in-creative" to let yourself use WorldEdit when you have creative mode (and on a server, when someone has creative)
Want to see selection lines?
To see lines that show what you have selected, then you need to install WorldEditCUI, a mod by Mumfrey, on your client. Note that WorldEditCUI uses LiteLoader so you need to install that.
The selection lines mod works regardless of how you may have installed WorldEdit (on a Bukkit server, on a Forge server, or Forge in single player).
First, let's figure out how you can get around quickly.
- Look at a block not too far away and type
- Stand under a tree and type
- While on top of the tree, type
- Stand behind a tree trunk, look straight ahead, make sure there's room on the other side, and type
Or whip out your compass, look at a nearby block, and left click. Want to go through walls? Right click on a wall.
A cuboid is like 3D rectangle. In WorldEdit, you select the region that you want by setting two points of a cuboid.
How do you choose the two points?
- Left and right click blocks while holding a wooden axe (use
//wandto get a wooden axe)
- Stand somewhere and type
- Look at a block and type
Tutorial: Make an approximate selection of a 15x15x15 area to test with and go to the next section.
Doing things with the selection
- Set the entire thing to bedrock:
- Set the entire thing to brick:
//set brick(here we are using WorldEdit's internal block names)
- Set the selection to 50% sandstone, 50% glass:
- Replace the sandstone with dirt:
//replace sandstone dirt
- Clear the area:
- Generate an interesting shape:
//g wool data=(32+15/2/pi*atan2(x,y))%16; (0.75-sqrt(x^2+y^2))^2+z^2 < 0.25^2
- Look in a cardinal direction (not diagonal) and repeat your selection:
Let's undo your changes!
- Undo 7 times:
Adjusting the selection
So you've got a cuboid. Let's change it!
- Make the cuboid 10 blocks taller, going up:
//expand 10 up
- Make the cuboid 5 blocks longer in the direction that you are looking:
- Make the cuboid 10 blocks shorter, going down:
//contract 10 down
Playing with brushes
- Grab a pickaxe (try diamond) and have it as your active slot.
- Turn on a stone brush of radius 5:
/br sphere stone 5
- Aim at ground not near you and right click to place large stone spheres.
- Make it so the brush only affects grass:
- Instead of placing stone, let's place wool:
- Right click more areas.
- Disable the brush:
Check out the rest of the wiki!