SKWiki:IRC support needed
At the moment, a significant part of our time is being taking up handling support requests and questions.
- We need help with people answering questions and helping out.
- The less support we have to give, the more features that can be written!
- We ask of you to stay in our IRC channel as much as possible so you can help answer people's questions.
We use IRC, and the IRC information for that is below:
|IRC server:||irc.esper.net (list of all servers)|
|Channel:||#sk89q, #sk-dev (development only)|
How do you join it? People usually access our channel through our webchat page, and you can too, but we recommend getting an IRC client (see below).
Pick a client:
- Windows users can use HexChat or Quassel
- Mac OS X users can use Colloquy or Quassel
- Linux users can install hexchat, irssi (command line), or a host of other IRC clients
These are just a few common ones; there are many IRC clients available for every platform.
Once you've downloaded a client and started it up, you need to input the following information:
- Input (or add) the server "EsperNet" with the server address irc.esper.net
- Use port 6666 or if you want to enable SSL, use 6697
- Auto-join the channel named #sk89q
- Pick a nickname that you don't think is already chosen.