Need help? Ask on the forum, ask a fellow user or developer (join us on IRC), or contact sk89q.
Contribute to the wiki, edit this page! Register an account, or login with Facebook first.
HEY! Do you integrate (or want to) a plugin into yours? Do you help work on WE/WG/etc.? Please subscribe to our mailing list!
SKWiki:IRC support needed
At the moment, a significant part of our time is being taking up handling support requests and questions.
- We need help with people answering questions and helping out.
- The less support we have to give, the more features that can be written!
- We ask of you to stay in our IRC channel as much as possible so you can help answer people's questions.
We use IRC, and the IRC information for that is below:
|IRC server:||irc.esper.net (list of all servers)|
|Channel:||#sk89q, #sk-dev (development only)|
How do you join it? People usually access our channel through our webchat page, and you can too, but we recommend getting an IRC client (see below).
Pick a client:
- Windows users can use HexChat or Quassel
- Mac OS X users can use Colloquy
- Linux users can install xchat, irssi (command line), or a host of other IRC clients
Once you've downloaded a client and started it up, you need to input the following information:
- Input (or add) the server "EsperNet" with the server address irc.esper.net
- Use port 6666 or if you want to enable SSL, use 6697
- Auto-join the channel named #sk89q
- Pick a nickname that you don't think is already chosen.