Need help? Ask on the forum, ask a fellow user or developer (join us on IRC), or contact sk89q.
Contribute to the wiki, edit this page! Register an account, or login with Facebook first.
HEY! Do you integrate (or want to) a plugin into yours? Do you help work on WE/WG/etc.? Please subscribe to our mailing list!
Code can be edited with any regular text editor (like Notepad), but we recommend a dedicated code editor. Don't worry, it's simple! A dedicated code editor:
- Will colorize code to make it easier on your eyes and brain
- Know what to do when you press your TAB key
- May have cool advanced features
Picking an editor
- If you are using Microsoft Windows, Notepad++ is recommended. It's free and lightweight.
- If you are using Mac OS X, you can use any one of these.
- If you are using Linux or BSD, you probably know which editors you like.
If you are editing .yaml or .yml files, be aware that the files do not like "tab characters," which are like super wide spaces. When you press your TAB key, it may either put spaces to emulate a tab, or a tab character, depending on your editor's settings.
- To use spaces for tabs in Notepad++, go to Settings → Preferences → Language Menu/Tab Settings and check "Replace by space."